Welcome!

The end always has some effect on me for I know that for every ending, a new beginning awaits...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting


I sat there quietly, patiently awaiting for her return.

She had been my heroine. My salvation. But also my demise.

I never thought she’ll just leave me that way.

No words can describe how happiness turned to sorrow, and how clarity became a blur.

I just continued to contemplate as I look in front of where I sat.

The silence of the place was so deafening.

I tried to hum a tune just to ease my boredom but no sound came out.

I tried to tap my foot to make sound, but I heard none.

I looked at my watch and none had changed.

It still continued to tick, teasing me.

Taunting me.

Mocking me.

Telling me that all the world had gone and I’m still left there alone.

Is it bad to expect?

Is it wrong to wait?

Is it a sin to hope?

All my life I’ve been waiting.

It’s either them leaving me.

Or I being left behind.

Never the other way around.

The sun rose and set.

It’s nothing but a cycle.

Of getting hurt and being hurt.

Never the other way around.

When will it all change?

When?

The watch continued to tick.

As I stared in front of where I sat.

No comments:

Post a Comment